When I look back at the Obama administration’s reign beginning in January of 2009, I will ignore the obvious embarrassments and missteps that were heavily covered by Fox News yet mostly sidestepped by CNN, MSNBC, NBC and the other MSM outlets. I will forget I ever read the former president’s statement on February 25, 2018 at MIT that, “we didn’t have a scandal that embarrassed us.” So, for the sake of this article, I won’t get into the specifics of:
* The failed roll out of Obamacare (He had Silicon Valley at his beckon call yet chose a small Canadian company to handle the high volume of traffic.)
* The IRS targeting conservative and pro-Israel organizations (Admitted it happened yet no one was held accountable.)
* Fast & Furious (running guns across the border for cartels and losing track of them — some of which were used to murder Border Patrol Agent, Brian Terry and who knows how many others. This lead to Attorney General Eric Holder being held in contempt of Congress — the first time in history — for not cooperating.)
* Sending Susan Rice out to blatantly lie to the American public stating that Benghazi was sparked by an obscure video. (They didn’t want a “terrorist attack” on Obama’s resume going into the 2012 election.)
* Labeling ISIS as the JV team (How did that work out?)
* The tarmac meeting between Attorney General Lynch and Bill Clinton (Just talking about golf and grand kids — that’s why the FBI fought to hide the meeting and won’t release transcripts that would be heavily redacted.)
* Obama’s gross miscalculation of Russia during the 2012 campaign. (Obama to Candidate Mitt Romney, “The 1980’s are calling, they want their foreign policy back.” Oops. Good thing Russia isn’t in the news — every day — for the last year and a half.)
* Dropping $1.7 billion — yes with a ‘B’ — in untraceable cash to Iran in the middle of the night. (What would a nation that hates America do with millions in untraceable cash? Maybe donate to charity? Surely, Iran wouldn’t use it for nefarious activities because it could be traced back to them — oh, wait, never mind.)
Wow, my fingers are fatigued after typing a few of the non-scandals that weren’t embarrassing. Stating that President Obama’s presidency had no scandals would be like saying Harvey Weinstein would make a fantastic spokesman for the National Organization for Women.
In this article I want to dissect the Sergeant Bowe Bergdahl situation.
Not the way you might think. I’m not going to get into whether or not we should have traded five Taliban terrorists for the release of an American coward — err, soldier — being held captive by the enemy. I actually agree with Geraldo Rivera who said on a June 2014 episode of Fox News’, “Outnumbered,” “I don’t care who Bergdahl is. We don’t leave him behind.”
Regardless of the circumstances and the fact that he was known to be a deserter by anyone in an authoritative position in the intelligence community — including President Obama — “no soldier left behind” means something.
I’m also not going to harp on the fact that many believed Obama circumvented the law by not notifying Congress regarding the swap or that Susan Rice went on all the Sunday shows — again — and lied to the American public — again — by saying that Bergdahl served with “honor and distinction.”
I want to ponder — in my opinion — the most inexplicable, mind-numbing, bizarre occurrence that took place after Bergdahl’s release.
On May 31, 2014, President Obama hosted Bowe Bergdahl’s parents, Bob and Jani, to the Rose Garden to celebrate the release of their son. A son that President Obama knew was a coward and a deserter who endangered the lives of soldiers who went looking for him. A son who was a disgrace to the dedicated, courageous men and women who actually serve the Country with honor and distinction. Why were they invited? Wait for it — to allow Bob Bergdahl — a Muslim — to praise Allah? At the White House? In the Rose Garden? Possibly.
The press were there yet I couldn’t find a journalist who criticized this peculiar gesture. Richard Cohen wrote a June 4, 2014 piece for The Washington Post that highly criticized inviting the Bergdahls to the Rose Garden at all. Cohen wrote, “Obama leaving with his arms around Bergdahl’s mother and father. So touching. So warm. So utterly repellent!”
Yet he never mentioned Bob Bergdahl raising his arms to praise Allah.
Many people were criticizing the President for swapping five Islamist terrorists for a known deserter yet Obama and his staff felt it was a great PR move to allow the praising of Allah in the Rose Garden by this Muslim?
Don’t get me wrong, I’m not bashing Muslims. Freedom of religion is a staple to the Bill of Rights. One that I don’t take lightly. I just don’t understand why Obama would choose and allow the Bergdahls to showcase their faith under these circumstances. For a known coward who disgraced the uniform? It is simply cringe-worthy. Why did he have Bergdahl’s family at the White House in the first place? Why did he allow him to praise Allah?
Many people have accused Obama of being an Islamic apologist. He wasn’t a friend of Israel and America’s relationship with them was severely strained. In a Washington Post article in December of 2016, Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu lashed out at what he called the “old-world bias against Israel,” attacking President Obama’s position on the West Banks settlement.
Netanyahu said the Obama administration had “not only failed to protect Israel…it has colluded behind the scenes.” I’m assuming the Obamas won’t be invited to any Netanyahu family Hanukkah celebrations?
Why is this interesting to me?
Recently, a photo from 2005 surfaced of then Senator Barack Obama smiling with racist and hate preacher, Louis Farrakhan. The same Farrakhan who openly hates white people and Jews. If you aren’t familiar with Farrakhan’s hate, here are a few of his quotes:
On Jews: “The Jews don’t like Farrakhan, so they call me Hitler. Well, that’s a good name. Hitler was a very great man.”
On the terrorist group Hezbollah, “They call them terrorists, I call them freedom fighters.”
On white people: “White people deserve to die.”
I know what you’re thinking — why didn’t Farrakhan write Hallmark cards? No? I digress…
Why was the Obama/Farrakhan photo only released now? According to the photographer, Askia Muhammad, “after snapping the picture at a meeting of the Congressional Black Caucus, an unidentified member of the caucus asked me immediately not to run the photo.” Why? The Black Caucus didn’t want the American public to make the association between Obama and Farrakhan. They didn’t want you to know that people from Farrakhan’s Nation of Islam helped Obama get elected to the Senate. Farrakhan himself, in a 2016 speech admitted that the Nation of Islam backed Obama’s early political career in Chicago, dating all the way back to 1996.
Did Obama host the Bergdahl family in the Rose Garden so that he could showcase their Muslim faith?
This May 28, 2014 Twitter post by Bob Bergdahl — 4 days before they appeared in the Rose Garden — has more meaning than we think.
Perhaps Obama’s statement that he didn’t have an embarrassing scandal was the truth. Not that he didn’t have scandals — but that he wasn’t embarrassed by them. Especially Bob Bergdahl praising Allah in the White House Rose Garden.